Monday, April 25, 2011

Research

Research: "

west8pencils

Above are some of the pencils (in progress) for the current page I’m pencilling. Working on this comic, I’ve had to research many things I never would have been interested in otherwise. Whether or not it’s actually useful information, I’m not so sure... for example, belt loops didn’t exist during this time period. Neither did cowboy hats, for that matter. And people would buy bacon in slab form. All three of those factoids are visible in the panel above, even if it’s not totally legible in uninked form yet.

Also, people had awesome facial hair.

Okay, I’m taking that character’s advice and getting on home now. Be here next week for the publication of the first pages of this Western comic, tentatively titled Freed Man’s Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment