Monday, October 10, 2011

WASHINGTON

WASHINGTON:

A few months ago, I did some comics for NERD comics Washington Anthology (a follow up to their Darwin Anthology). Miriam Gibson and Blujay of Tapir Tooth did their own hilarious Crossing the Delaware piece for the Anthology. Here’re my few pieces:Fun fact: when Washington got a bad respiratory infection, how many pints of blood did his doctors bleed from him? Five, five pints of blood. That’s as many as ten cups, and that’s terrible. When I was in middle school, my history teacher Ms. Wixted gave me a copy of DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY which had this anecdote about Washington in it. It’s my favorite Washington story. He was an interesting, if aloof man who had strongly held ideas about the place of a President. He was also a soldier and a human being who enjoyed the crap out of a good cuss once in a while. Much more interesting and complex than the bloodless (cough) figurehead remembered nowadays.


Also, Henry Knox was fat. But he still moved the hell out of those cannons he was bringing from upstate NY to the siege of Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment